Friday, May 1, 2009

Why Do So Many Teens Get Involved in Boy-Girl Relationships? (Part 7a)


It rained this morning. It hasn't rained a quite a while. I haven't updated in quite a while as well. Anyway, here I am. Moving on to Part 7!



So, reason number 7 - They miss their past relationship and want to taste it again. Like a 'bounce back' or something to do with their ex. This reason is broken into 2 parts. The first - Bounce Back. The Second - Revenge of some sort.

Today, let me explain the part 1 - Bounce Back. Okay, so let's say I just went through a BAD break-up. My feelings would be all over the place. During this time, all I would want is something or someone that could distract or take my attention away from the past relationship and the pain that comes with the memory. I'd be basically 'open'. Then I meet this girl the next day and I think she's pretty cool. Subsequently, I get with her so that I would have someone to put my attention on instead of thinking about my past hurts.

A new relationship is formed. It is one of the easiest ways to 'cure' the pain from the past break-up. And many people use that. However, there's a BIG problem. You see, the whole reason for the relationship was not because the girl's merits, but rather the pain from the past. In the future, both parties would eventually realize that their relationship was based on basically nothing. Unless they find another reason why they're together, their relationship would not last. It would probably end painfully. Thus the vicious cycle continues.

What one should do is find another source to distract himself. Maybe a new hobby, a new interest. Because if he doesn't, he would be forever trapped in the cycle of painful break-ups and bounce backs.



Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command.
-Alan Watts

till next time,
~daN~

ps: Part 7b is next

2 comments: